PHOTO: ANNE SYMONS
A New Moon marks the beginning of a new cycle, a fresh start in it’s cycle of waxing and waning. During this time the Moon is empty and receptive and full of potential. This is an optimum time to plant seeds of intentions for what you wish to manifest in your life.
Most of us, live our lives so disconnected from the Earth, and devoid of any kind of ritual that creates the space for us to connect. So the New Moon provides us with an opportunity to take the time to create SACRED SPACE for ourselves. It’s essential.
There is something so powerful when women come together to support each other on their journey, in the hopes and dreams. We are healed, we are nurtured, we feel comforted and understood. Moreover, when you share sacred space together you magnify the power of your intentions and you energetically create a web of support for not only your circle of women friends but with women everywhere.
The culture of women gatherings has been going on for eons, and when you gather with your lady friends on the new moon you join millions of other women around the world doing the same. It’s time to gather ourselves ladies…
May this be an inspiration to you to gather at least a friend or two and create a circle of connection. It doesn’t matter really what you do, have fun creating your own ritual and do what feels good to you! Below I will create and outline for a basic ritual that you can follow, but feel free to improvise and if you have any ideas please share your inspiration in the comments!
BRING~ Ask your lady friends to bring a favorite essential oil, and some flowers or herbs for bath salts you will create together and a vessel to carry them home with. If you wish to have dinner before, have everyone bring a dish to share. Otherwise to have more time for the ritual, opt for having dinner separately before and then just gather have the ladies bring something sweet to share afterwards together.
CREATE SACRED SPACE~The day of the gathering, clean and beautify your home and buy some flowers to put all around. Find somewhere where you can gather in a circle. You could put a tapestry on the floor and put pillows all around. In the center place a big bowl filled with unscented bath salt crystals. Put candles around it and extra oils that you can share in case someone forgot to bring one.
BEGIN~ While waiting for everyone to arrive, it’s a good time to chat and catch up! Then when we you ready to begin, I would light some sage and “sage” everyone before entering the circle. Sage is a wonderful purifier and helps to cleanse the energy and create the space for the ritual to begin.
1. Purify~ “Sage” everyone before entering the circle.
2. Open~Ringing bells or chimes is a nice way to begin. With eyes closed, you can all take some deep breaths together, or Aum 3 times.
3. Bless~ I always like the idea of everybody contributing so I would hand everyone a little piece of paper each with an invocation or blessing to Mother Earth.
Opening Blessing (Adapted from Chinook Blessing)
~We call upon the Earth, our planet home, with its beautiful depths and soaring heights, its vitality and abundance of life…
~We call upon the mountains…the high green valleys and meadows filled with wild flowers, the snows that never melt, the summits of intense silence…
~We call upon the waters that rim the earth, horizon to horizon, that flow in our rivers and streams, that fall upon our gardens and fields…
~We call upon the forests, the great trees reaching stronglyÂ to the sky with earth in their roots and the heavens in their branches, the fir, the pine and the cedar…
~We call upon the creatures of the fields and forests and the seas, our brothers and sisters the wolves and deer, the eagle and dove, the great whales and the dolphin, the beautiful Orca and the salmon…
~We call upon all those who have lived on this earth, our ancestors and our friends, who dreamed the best for future generations, and upon whose lives our lives are built…
~And lastly, we call upon all that we hold most sacred, the presence and power of the Great Spirit of love and truth which flows through all the universe, to be with us to Teach us, and show us the way.”
PHOTO: AELA LABBE
4. Inspire~Here you can recite a poem or sing a song, something to arouse the muse and set the mood…
“Let us fall in love again
and scatter gold dust all over the world.
Let us become a new spring
and feel the breeze drift in heaven’s scent.
Let us dress the earth in green
and like the sap of a young tree
let the grace from within us sustain us.
Let us carve gems out of our stony hearts
and let them light our path to Love.
The glance of Love is crystal clear
and we are blessed by its light.”
5. Share what’s happening with the Moon astrologically, what energy it’s bringing in~ For this you can check the ASTRAL INSIGHTS and print out the readings to share with your friends. This part is always insightful and it’s amazing how many resonate with the energy that is happening at the time.
6. Set your Intentions for what you wish to manifest in this new cycle, this new beginning marked by the New Moon…
Make sure everyone has a little piece of sage which they will burn when it’s their time to share and as long as they are speaking. As you state what you wish to bring in, put a drop of oil in the bath salt with your intention. You might say something like, “I’m putting in lavender to bring in more nurturance and remind myself to take better care of myself” etc…
Put as many intentions as you feel moved and with every intention, do an action, like put some oil, flower or herb in.
This way, you are making it symbolic through the ritual, the action. When you are done, put out your sage in the salts. Then proceed with the lady next to you until everyone has spoken.
7. Bless intentions~ Have everyone lay their hands on the salts and say a Blessing like: “May all our intentions be sealed, and realized!”
8. Mix the salts~ this is fun! Have everyone get their hands in the bowl and mix up the wonderful bath salts you have created. By this point, their are infused with your intentions and filled with oils, flowers and herbs!
9. Song or Invocation~ The mood is happy, the ritual is almost over, everyone has shared and all are loving the herbal bath crystals you have created! Perhaps you can all sing a song or chant. I would print out a simple chant and have everyone follow. Or recite another poem like this:
“If you never searched for truth
come with us
and you will become a seeker.
If you were never a musician
come with us
and you will find your voice…
In our gathering one candle lights hundreds,
we will light your path and give you courage
so you will open like a flower
and join in joyous laughter.
Plant the seed of truth and watch it grow
when it spreads its branches
come with us and sit under the blossoms.
Your eyes will open to the secret of the truth.
Photo: Ruth St. Denis 1919
10. Close circle~ You could join hands, give thanks, say it is done! Ring bells, clap and celebrate.
11. Fill your vessels with your bath salts~ You should try to wait two weeks until the FULL MOON to take your bath. This is a half-way point in the Moon’s cycle and a perfect time to soak in a hot bath and check in with yourself to see where you are at and remember your intentions!
***TIP~ There are two ways to take your glorious FULL MOON bath:
One just drop the whole thing into your bath. It will look enchanting with flowers and herbs and you will feel like a goddess indeed! If you do it this way, mark this tip: Let the bath drain out and leave it! Do not attempt to try and clean the bathtub afterwards to remove all the flowers, herbs etc. This will not only spoil your mood but it’s harder to clean when it’s wet. Just let it be! The next morning it will have dried and you can easily dust it off and sweep it out of your bath with a dust pan. Trust me on this one!
Otherwise, put your salts in a cheese cloth and that way it can be contained with no mess! Don’t forget to share the tip with your girls! Enjoy!
( photographer: Sofia Sanchez, Mauro Mongiello)
© Copyright 2016 ~MYSTICMAMMA.COM All Rights Reserved.
<<< TO SHARE >>> You may quote a small paragraph and please “quote” and credit MYSTICMAMMA.COM with an active link to this post. Please do not copy or replicate this entire post for your Websites, Blogs, Instagram, FB Page. Thank you! ♥